Begin A New Adventure!

Coming soon, a new Minecraft experience!

Something BIG is coming...

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by unenergizer, Mar 31, 2016.

By unenergizer on Mar 31, 2016 at 11:08 PM
  1. #1 unenergizer, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    OFFICIALLY INTRODUCING....

[​IMG]

For the past several weeks @hposej and myself have been hard at work programming a minigame framework completely from scratch. I would like to announce today that the framework is about to reach beta!

So what does this mean for Forge Storm (formerly MinePile)? It means we are about to go into the heavy testing phase of the development process where we need YOUR help finding and resolving bugs!

But before we get more into the testing information, lets review what our framework is, and what it does!

Note: The above video is from 2014 and is not the current framework.
    However it does look similar to the current version.

The Minigame framework currently has the following features:
    • Is the base/core for all our future minigames!
    • Dynamically loads/unload an unlimited number of minigames. Similar to the Mineplex Arcade!
    • Supports map roll back! Players can COMPLETELY destroy our minigame maps, and they will always be rolled back!
    • Supports Kits! Players will be able to purchase, unlock, and earn kits! Kits are displayed similar to Mineplex with kit mobs! Kits can NOT be purchased with real money.
    • Teams! Our framework supports an unlimited number of teams! So we can create games that have 1 or 100 teams!
    • Supports an unlimited number of players! We can host games from 1 player to 100 players or more!
    • Spectators mode! You can "ride/spectate" game players and see exactly what they see!
    • Spectator free roam mode! Hey the big servers do it, so we will too!
    • Server wide saved data! We save all your scores, in game money, and more! You will be able to play on any server and always have access to your stats!
    • Advanced scoreboards! You will get a ton of information from these special scoreboards, similar to all the big servers!
    • Achievements! You will be able to unlock and earn achievements in game! Some achievements will unlock kits!
    • We currently have created 3 games (but more are coming soon)!
    • And much more, currently secret stuff! :)
    Why Minigames?
    The minigames idea was influenced by my roommates and I playing a LOT of Mario Party games. After playing about 5 different ones, I was eager to see if I could create some in Minecraft. So at that time, I started developing the minigame framework.

Where is the RPG (previous project)?
    The previous project we were working on was a remake of the Dungeon Realms server from scratch. While the code still exist and all our work, we halted the development due to Dungeon Realms actually coming back. Although recently it seems their developers have stopped working on it. We plan on opening this project back up in the future when we have a bigger team. We feel that the minigames will pull in more players and allow us to expand our development team. When this happens, prepare for MCRPG madness!

Where do we go from here?

We need testers and we need unique game ideas. If you want to test the minigames, then join us on our Teamspeak 3 server! IP: ts.ForgeStorm.com

If you have unique minigame ideas, we would love to hear them! If we use your minigame idea, we will credit you! So everytime your game is played, players will see your name before the game starts! If you would like to suggest a minigame idea, please post it in this forum.

We look forward to seeing you in game!

Cheers,
    Andrew

BlubDaLegend likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by unenergizer, Mar 31, 2016.